Forest Hill Traders will launch Totally Locally, the award-winning shop local campaign, in Forest Hill on Saturday 22 September with a day of
"Totally Locally Fiver Fest" deals - a mini shopping festival for the town where participating shops will have a special £5 offer. This is planned to coincide with the official opening of Forest Hill pools.
Deals on offer will include:
- Any Totally Awesome 12 inch pizza for a Fiver at Question Bar
- A Totally Beautiful Bunch of Flowers for a Fiver at Laurels Florist
- A Totally Bootylicious Fiver deal on a selection of knickers at The Fitting Studio
- A Totally Brilliant offer of three cards for a Fiver at B cards
- A Totally Campervantastic free camper van book with any store purchase at Campervantastic
- A Totally Cool free pair of Children's Disney Character Sunglasses when you spend over £5 on the children's character range at Marie's Boutique
- A Totally Crackers £5 deal on a selection of takeaway meals at Tse's Chinese
- A Totally Dappy £5 off your purchase when you spend £15 or more at Dapper
- A Totally Dazzling £5 Jewellery festival plus £5 off all purchase over £50 at Doopo Doopo
- A Totally Edible 6oz Burger with Fries for a Fiver at lunch and dinner at All Inn One
- A Totally Fabulous voucher for £5 off any hairdressing or spray tan service over £25 at Mirror Mirror. (One per customer and not to be used in conjunction with any other promotion or discount. To be used before October 31st)
- A Totally Gobstoppering 100g bag of sweets free at Sugar Mountain when you spend a Fiver
- A Totally Gorgeous offer of buy any 2 items and get the 3rd for £5 (*cheapest item) with a free glass of bubbly upon entry at Best of Both Boutique
- A Totally Herbally 4 herbs for a Fiver (normally £1.69 each) at Shannon's Garden Centre
- A Totally Hilarious 2 tickets for a fiver for the comedy on Sept. 22nd at 9pm for at The Hob. That's a saving of £8
- A Totally Magnificant £5 off with every £20 spent, plus free Victorian themed sweets and beverages served all day at Bunka
- A Totally Potty choice of panini from the Totally Locally Menu with any drink and a home made brownie for a Fiver at The Teapot
- A Totally Proper pint or a Pimms with a pancake for a Fiver at Canvas and Cream
- A Totally Radical £5 off all purchases over £50 at Finches Ski and Bike
- A Totally Relaxing Coffee and a Sandwich for a Fiver at Aga's Little Deli
- A Totally Satisfying Half Dipped Beef Sandwich and a drink for a Fiver at Sylvan Post. There will also be a carnival atmosphere with live bands and prizes, cocktails and capers
- A Totally Spicy £5 off eat in meal between 5.30-7.30 pm at Thai Orchard
- A Totally Staggering £10 worth of haberdashery for a Fiver, or a 'mind-Bowing' £5 off any workshop booked on the day at Stag and Bow
- A Totally Tropical and Delicious selection of medium meat and vegetarian dishes for a Fiver at Black Hummingbird
- A Totally Watchable 3 DVDs for a Fiver at For Your Eyes Only
Shoppers will be able to collect a map showing the location of the offers from the Totally Locally stall at the official opening of Forest Hill Pools.
Forest Hill is the latest of many towns across the UK to take up the Totally Locally campaign. This free initiative supports Forest Hill's traders
to show the value of local shopping and its benefits for the local economy. Many of the shops, businesses and stalls will have special offers - highlighting
Totally Locally's message that if everyone in Forest Hill spent just £5 a week in their local independent shops, it would bring an extra £3.5 million into
the town's economy every year.
"This is a chance for locals to discover Forest Hill's great shops and businesses, and the real difference they make to our town,"
said Totally Locally organiser, Serge Sumerling. "Many of my customers have often told me how much of a thriving place Dartmouth Road once was,
with butchers, green grocers, fishmongers, you name it along it"...."You could say there's a bit of a buzz on the street right now
and local residents both old and new, are taking a real interest in what's happening and want to be a part of it. I guess we want to find a way to
celebrate all the good things happening and to help put Forest Hill back on the map. There are so many people in Forest Hill who really care about their town,
are proud of its heritage and want to be a part of its bright future. I'm just one of them... to me its London's Hidden Gem that just needs a
little dusting off!
"The launch at the Pools opening is one of many events we have planned this year. It’s all about appreciating and celebrating
what we have here on our doorstep.
"Totally Locally has had a big impact on the towns that have run the campaign. We are confident that it can do the same for Forest
Hill. We have a wealth of wonderful shops here and Totally Locally will highlight the hidden gems right on our doorstep," continued Serge.
"Totally Locally celebrates all local businesses, from Forest Hill's florists to accountants, from clothes shop to gift shops",
said Nigel Goddard from Totally Locally. "These small businesses support many other local businesses, which keep the local economy
alive. It’s what the whole fabric of a town like this is built on. The stronger the local economy, the better it is for the whole town".
"Totally Locally isn’t anti-supermarket or anti-internet", said Totally Locally founder, Chris Sands. "There is a place for
all these things in our lives. It’s just highlighting how a small change in spending habits can make a huge change to Forest Hill.
We have a choice to make the place we live that little bit better by just diverting £5 of our weekly spend back into our local economy.
And everyone wants their town to be great, don’t they?!".
For more information about Totally Locally visit their website at www.totally-locally.co.uk/foresthill/