Membership BenefitsAs a member you will
- Meet others who are passionate about Forest Hill
- Receive a Quarterly newsletter and regular updates on news and events by email
- Have the opportunity to make real improvements to our community
Join Now!Joining the Forest Hill Society is cheap and now even easier than ever. There are four ways to pay; by standing order, by cheque, by credit or debit card or by PayPal.
We would encourage you to use a Standing Order as it means you don't have to worry about renewing on time, since your bank will sort it all out for you. It's also more convenient for us and marginally cheaper in the long run. However, we realise that many people prefer to deal online, so we have added PayPal (and you can choose to pay a bit extra to cover the charges).
You can also make a donation if you would like.
membership form and send it to us by post. Don't pass it to your bank, as we won't have any idea that you have joined and won't know where to deliver your newsletter to. Your subscription will renew on 5 September each year until you cancel the standing order.
membership form and send it to us with a cheque for £5. Your subscription will last upto 16 months, expiring on 31 December.
If the postal and email addresses you use for your PayPal account are the ones you want us to use for your contact details, it's as simple as that. If they are different from the details you want us to use, please send us a separate email with the correct details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have completed the PayPal process, you should receive an immediate email from PayPal, acknowledging the payment. We'll also send you an email within a day or two. Please note: PayPal does not tell us which option you have chosen, so we have added a couple of pennies to let us differentiate the membership levels
If you do not want a PayPal account, you can also pay by credit or debit card by clicking the Donate button below. (Please donate at least £6 to cover PayPal's fees).
Whichever method you choose, you will receive a membership pack from us, containing your membership card, a copy of the most recent issue of our newsletter and other useful information. We do reserve the right to refuse membership and, in the event that we cannot accept your application for any reason, we will refund your payment. We may have to deduct PayPal charges, especially if multiple applications have been sent by that route, as we will have incurred charges for each attempt.
Notes on PayPal
Paypal cancelled my membership. What do I do now?PayPal will automatically cancel subscriptions if your credit or debit card information changes (i.e. the expiration date has changed). This only means that your renewing subscription via PayPal has been cancelled; your membership will expire the following December. If PayPal has e-mailed you a cancellation notice because it was unable to automatically renew your membership, simply sign up for a new subscription.
If you would like to cancel your subscription, you will need to log in to your PayPal account. A subscription can be cancelled at any stage, up until the day of the next scheduled payment.
To cancel an Active Subscription:
- Click on the Unsubscribe button above
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on the Cancel link (just above your postal address)
- You will be warned that "You can't reactivate cancelled customer profiles. Do you still want to cancel it?"
- Cancel the profile and you are done
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on the History tab
- Choose Basic Search
- Just above the list of transactions, click on "More Filters" and select "Subscriptions and Agreemenets", "Recurring Payments", "My Profile"
- To view the details of a specific Subscription Creation, click Details in the Details column
- At the bottom of this page, click Cancel Subscription
- On the confirmation page, click Cancel Subscription again Once you have cancelled your subscription through Paypal, you will continue to receive a newsletter until the following December.