Below are details from the contractor regarding the Dartmouth Road Improvements Works that will be carried out between May 2017 and March 2018. Full road closure will happen for six weeks from 9th January 2018.
A2216 Dartmouth Road
Work on the improvement of Dartmouth Road from A205 to Round hill Road will start on the 02nd May 2017 for 10 months. Kier Highway Services Ltd – London Highways Alliance Contractor are carrying out these works on behalf of London Borough of Lewisham.
The improvement work involve
· Repaving footways, improving street lighting locations, new street furniture including landscaping and resurfacing of the road.
· New public realm area outside of Heron House including seating and natural stone planters.
· Re-positioning of existing signal poles and widening the existing Pelican crossing.
· Installation of new entry treatments / speed tables within the side roads.
· Installation of new parking bays.
· Installation of new 20mph Speed limit.
· Installation of additional bus stops.
Where and when will the work take place?
This project is being completed in 6 phases:
· Phase 1 will commence on 02/05/17 with the installation of new kerbs, footways, parking bays and granite raised entrance into Thorpewood Avenue. The works will start on the west side from Derby Hill up to Junction with Thorpewood Avenue. Access into Thorpewood Avenue will be via a diversion route that will be signed. Two-way manual traffic control will be implemented, to enable safe and efficient working on Dartmouth Road.
· Phase 2 – will commence on 16/08/17 with the new kerb, footway and parking bay works continue on the east side from Thorpewood Avenue up to Dartmouth Place. Raised Granite entrances into Clyde Terrace and Dartmouth Place. Access into Clyde Terrace and Dartmouth Place will be signed via a diversion route. Two-way manual traffic control will be implemented, to enable safe and efficient working on Dartmouth Road.
· Phase 3 – will commence on 20/07/17 with the new public realm area on the east and west sides of the road. The public realm extents are from Derby Hill to Centaury Yard. You will see installation of new kerbs, granite paving footways, street furniture and landscaping. Two-way manual traffic control will be implemented, to enable safe and efficient working on Dartmouth Road.
· Phase 4A – will commence on 06/11/17 with the new kerb, footway and parking bay works continue on the west side from Century Yard to A205 Junction. Two way Traffic control to be implemented, to enable safe and efficient working.
· Phase 4B -. Will commence on 09/01/18 with the new kerb, footway and parking bay works will be installed on the east side between Century Yard and A250 Junction. This Phase will run concurrently with the phase below, under a road closure of Dartmouth road.
· Phase 5 – will commence on 09/01/18 on Dartmouth Road, between A205 and Round hill Rd will have new Granite Sections installed into the carriageway. A road closure of Dartmouth road will be in force to through traffic for 6 weeks to enable the works to take place. The Granite sections will be built in localised road closures, to allow access to shops and facilities via either end of Dartmouth road. A letter and local engagement will be sent out 3 months in advance of works.
· Phase 6 - will commence on the 07/02/18 on Dartmouth Road, between A205 and Round hill Rd, the carriageway will be resurfaced. Works will be completed over approximately 3 nights and involve a full road closure for the three nights. A letter and local engagement will be sent out 1 month in advance of works.