South London & Maudsley, Ladywell Unit are looking for volunteers to join their flourishing creative writing project.
Their groups seek to improve the well-being of patients during their admission. Working on acute mental health and alzheimer wards, they seek to provide an environment where creativity is used as a form of self-expression. If you have some experience in music, arts and craft, dance or working with Alzheimer sufferers they would also like to hear from you.
You will be involved in enabling small groups on an adult acute mental health ward
- To access poetry/literature as part of promoting well-being and recovery.
- To maintain accurate records of sessions.
- To prepare and deliver small group poetry/literature sessions
- To work within a team of volunteers to give support.
- To occassionally assist in accompanying small groups to off-site activities
If you are interested in getting involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details. The deadline for applications is Friday, 1 March 2013.