The closing date is 15 October 2011
We are delighted that the competition will be judged by Paul Murphy, local resident, Society member and winner of the "Rose Award for Photography" Royal Academy Summer Exhibition 2010.
There will be 12 winning photos selected which will then go on to form the Forest Hill Society Calendar 2012. The calendar will be available for everyone in SE23 to buy. Winners will be notified by email in November.
Some people have asked for clarification of the rules. Anyone can enter, but the photo should be of someone/something relevant to Forest Hill and its environs.
By participating in the competition, you accept the following terms and conditions in their entirety. No changes or exceptions to these terms and conditions are possible.
- Participation in the competition is free of charge. There is no participation fee.
- Anybody is qualified to participate, except for all Officers of the Forest Hill Society. There is no age limit for entering.
- Submissions must reach us by 15 October, 2011. After this date, the submission system will be closed.
- Photos must not previously have been published.
- Each participant can submit an unlimited number of photographs.
- Only works created using photographic means can be submitted (including photograms, collages, scans, etc.)
- To participate in the competition, all participants are required to upload their images online at the website http://www.flickr.com/groups/foresthillcompetition/ and follow the specifications and instructions exactly.
- Submissions by email should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be uploaded to the website by a member of the Forest Hill Society.
- The submitted files need to meet the following formal criteria: each file must be a JPEG with 300 dpi and include an embedded colour profile. Quality level should be as high as possible. Each picture must be at least 2100 pixels on the longer side.
- Winners will be informed after the jury meets on 30 October. Other participants will not be notified directly. Results will be available by visiting http://www.ForestHillSociety.com/p/competition.html.
- Winners will be notified by mail to their Flickr account or the e-mail used for submission.
- Forest Hill Society will take on the responsibility for producing the works selected by the jury for their subsequent use.
- Entries will not be returned to the winners after the conclusion of the competition.
The participant must hold all rights on the work submitted.
- Photos submitted must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use and must not otherwise be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. The submitting artists guarantee this and may be held liable from organizers for any violation. If Forest Hill Society has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches this rule, your photos will NOT be considered.
- Copyright of all entries remains with the photographer, but the Forest Hill Society reserves the right to use, publish and republish entries in connection with the competition, without payment.
- By registering for the competition, the participants agree to the registration and storage of personal information and information on their work. They agree to the public use of this information and the submitted work in the context of the competition.
- You grant Forest Hill Society the right to use your name and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your photos and/or as a winner or runner-up of the competition.
- By entering this competition you grant permission to the Forest Hill Society to reproduce your photos in electronic format and hard copy including (but not limited to) for use in a calendar, display at an exhibition, in the Society's newsletter and on the Society's website.
- Participants grant organizers and its partners non-exclusive, worldwide rights to use the works and submitted texts in the context of the competition and the Society. The organizers and partners/sponsors can publish and use the works and texts in the context of the competition. This includes (not exclusively):
- Choosing the prizewinners
- Publishing the winning works in a calendar and other use by the competition organizer and/or partners.
- Publication on the website of the organizers and/or partners and in advertising materials and other competition-related products (catalogs, etc.), including after the end of the competition.
- The transmission of these rights to publish and reproduce to the media in the framework of reporting on the competition and the calendar.
There is no legal claim to the prize money or the production of the work by Forest Hill Society, the exhibition of the work, or its return. Forest Hill Society and their contract partners are excluded from all liability, to the extend allowed by law.
- English law applies and London is the exclusive place of jurisdiction.
- These terms and conditions are binding.