The Forest Hill Society has received confirmation that their request to recognise Bampton Estate Green as an Asset of Community Value has been successful.Reasons for nomination:
1) The green/grass open space with trees and the ball court is used and valued by Bampton Estate residents and neighbours to play, interact with each other, for various recreational activities including family picnics.
2) The area is safe and ideal for children and families. The area is well-observed from all sides and situated well away from the road.
3) The ball court is used for sports and physical activities by local children, young people as well as adults from Bampton Estate. The resource encourages physical activity as opposed to sedentary lifestyles.
4) The space allows residents and neighbours direct exposure to nature which is beneficial to mental health and physical well-being, reducing stress and pressure from daily life.
5) The green open space allows children to be outside and play in nature, the latter are crucial in children’s health development, emotional stability and mental health.
6) The green open community space allows local people to make friends and meet neighbours.
7) The combination of several mature trees and the green grass on the estate helps keep our area fresh and cool in the summer.
8) The mature trees help to remove various pollutants from the air that negatively affect people with respiratory problems and increase mortality rates.
9) The area has its own ecosystem and provides a safe habitat for various animals, birds including bats and woodpeckers.
10) The area serves as a communal garden for Bampton Estate residents who live in flats and don't have their own private garden.