The plans can be viewed on the council website and include the increase from 125 to 186 hostel places for homeless people with the addition of a six story extension to Miriam Lodge.
The Forest Hill Society have a number of concerns relating to:
- The size of the new building in relation to neighbouring properties
- Potential impact on crime and anti-social behaviour
- Overlooking from rooms in the old and new buildings
- Inappropriate density of development
- Loss of amenity space for existing residents