Some of our smaller campaigns take a lot of time, but do not require expert knowledge, just common sense. So how can you help?
- Update your membership to include other family at your address. It's free!
- Encourage your friends and neighbours to become members. Give them a voice too.
- Let us know how we are doing. A postcard, email, tweet or poke are always welcome.
- Help deliver newsletters. Each route is quite short and it's only four times a year
- Grow a few plants for our "In Bloom" flower beds. Pick out litter or deadhead the plants when walking past (Everyone can tell the difference between plants and litter!)
- Staff a stall at one of our events – even if only for an hour - or bake a cake.
- Write an article for the newsletter on something you are passionate about.
CAN YOU HELP?
The Society needs help for a number of projects in 2012. We need some help in designing leaflets and posters for various events we will be holding and campaigns such as our membership drive. We also need someone with experience in website development.
So if you are a graphic designer or website designer/developer and you'd like to help out on a voluntary basis then email email@example.com for everlasting thanks.
Finally, I would like to welcome Martin and Richard C onto the Transport and Executive committees and thank Alisa and Alison for taking over as our new Treasurer and Communications Officer respectively.
Richard Hibbert, Chair, Forest Hill Society