The Forest Hill Society has responded to the Forest Hill Conservation Area Consultation. Overall we welcome the extensions and character assessment, however we have asked Lewisham council to consider extending the conservation area further than they have specified.
You can read the full response, including photos here.
Lewisham's proposed extension:
- Dartmouth Road including swimming pools, library and Louise House
- Thorpewood Avenue - Christmas Houses and 1930s semi-detached houses
- Benson Road
Forest Hill Society's proposed additional areas for extension:
- Round Hill - Christmas Houses and apartment block plus Sir Christopher Wren church spire.
- Thorpewood Avenue - continuation to include additional houses
- Waldram Park Triangle
- Rockbourne Triangle
- Tyson Road and Honor Oak Road - including green space behind Christian Fellowship Centre
The consultation closes on Friday 25th September and you can complete the survey for Lewisham Council to provide your own response.