The final version of the RUS document can be viewed on the Network Rail website.
- Same level of service to London Bridge from Forest Hill over the peak period.
- Additional trains to London Bridge from Honor Oak Park (all services from Forest Hill will be stopping service).
- Introduction of peak services to Victoria via Crystal Palace.
- Early implementation of train lengthening, from the current 6-8 carriages in the peak up to 12 carriages. This is planned to be implemented by 2012.
- 10 trains per hour on the East London Line (an increase from the 8 trains planned).
- Thameslink services at peak times taking passengers from Forest Hill north of London Bridge. These services will start in 2015.
Thanks to the campaign we have been running we will get more trains, longer trains, and an increase in choice of destinations. All of these issues were identified in our submission to Network Rail, although we had not actually requested Thameslink trains stopping at Forest Hill. This is a welcome increase to services and good news for the people of Forest Hill.
WELL DONE FOREST HILL SOCIETY! Thanks for all your hard work we really appreciate it.
Post a Comment