Below is a list of questions submitted by the Forest Hill and Sydenham Societies to Transport for London following a meeting with them on 31st January 2007. We hope that when the answers come they will clarify the situation.
1. What cuts in services to and from London Bridge does the feasibility timetable envisage?
2. Is the feasibility timetable, one that TfL broadly supports?
3. Will the London Bridge to Victoria via FH service continue to run and if so what will be the frequency of this service in each direction?
4. What will be the time of the last train from LB and the last train running on the ELL?
5. Before the East London line closes for construction, what can be done to ensure that all peak hour trains in operation to and from LB are a minimum of 8 carriages long?
6. What can be done in the future to increase the length of trains to and from London Bridge, beyond 8 carriages? What is the minimum timescale that such changes can be made if government investment is forthcoming?
7. What are your estimates of the percentage of passengers who will use the ELL as opposed to LB services in 2011?
8. Taking into account growth in passenger numbers by 2010 plus the additional commuters who will be attracted by the new service, can you be sure that the ELL and LB service will be able to operate without overcrowding?
9. What reduction in demand for London Bridge services through FH do you expect in 2010 during the morning peak period?
10. What reduction in demand for London Bridge services through FH do you expect in 2010 during the evening peak period, both in total and per train?
11. What is the capacity of each new ELL train carriage, including standing and seated?
12. What is the capacity of an 8 carriage train on the existing Southern Service, including standing and seated?
13. Based on the capacity figures above what is the total increase in capacity to services through FH during the morning peak and off-peak?
14. Will there be any through services to Charing Cross from FH (a service currently available in evenings and weekends)?
15. What is the percentage increase in customers from FH travelling to Canary Wharf and Docklands in 2011?
16. What proportion of passengers from FH will experience a faster journey in 2011?
17. What proportion of passengers from FH will experience fewer interchanges in 2011?
18. Given the introduction of zonal fares, introduction of Oyster will a ticket to London Bridge cost the same as a ticket to Paddington? Will this be more than the current cost of a single ticket to London Bridge?
19. Will any fast trains stop at New Cross Gate in 2010 to allow for interchange?
20. When do TfL expect to begin running FH station and when does TfL plan to upgrade the station to tube standards (manned when open and able to accept Oyster Cards)?