In the short time that the Society has existed, we have achieved a lot. Notable highlights include a successful campaign to retain the swimming pools on Dartmouth Road, persuading Southern Railway that we needed at least five trains per hour in the evening peak and a respected presentation at the Tyson Road planning enquiry.
Other highlights include
- PopUp Forest Hill, an evening when we matched drummers with estate agents, puppets with pubs and generally created a buzz in Forest Hill,
- Organising evenings out, history talks and nature walks,
- Campaigning to improve park facilities at Horniman Triangle and Honor Oak Rec,
- Keeping the rear stairs open from platform 2 at Forest Hill station
- Responding on a range of planning applications in the local area
- Planting of the raised beds outside Forest Hill station and entry into the RHS "It's Your Neighbourhood" scheme.
We continue to push for improvements to the underpass, improvements to the high street environment, better winter gritting and preservation of Honor Oak Rec.
But we cannot do this without you. We need your membership fees to pay for the various events we run throughout the year and to provide evidence of numbers when expressing our members' views, so don't just follow us on Twitter or friend us on Facebook, show your support in real terms. After all, membership is a real bargain at just £5 per year. Download a membership form from http://bit.ly/JoinFHSoc today and give us the best Birthday present.