- Review of Inaugural General Meeting
- Went well with a good turn out
- Guest speaker was very useful and gave a good focus to the evening
- Not enough time to discuss other issues of interest to members
- Membership for the Society is approaching 300 members. It was confirmed that £5 is an annual membership fee.
- Sub-Committees were setup on five topics. These will be able to focus on specific areas of interest:
- Leisure and Amenities
- Communications and Events
- Constitutional Review
- We intend to print and distribute a newsletter to members at the beginning of December
- We intend to have general/public meetings more than once per year and intend to have the next meeting early in 2007 (possibly February or March).
- Planning issues:
- Some improvements have been achieved for the Finches site and the latest plans are available on Lewisham's Website today (26th October)
- Honor Oak / Tyson Road development is likely to need some scrutiny later this year
- Transport issues:
- We have the answers from Nigel D'Souza to the remaining questions from the General Meeting. Transport committee will look at these responses and prepare feedback for Lewisham Council Sustainable Development Committee.
- Transport issues include roads as well as trains. There are plans to have traffic calming in Dartmouth Road which will help reduce traffic speeds
06 November 2006
Committee Meeting - 26th October
Full minutes of the committee meetings are distributed to members of the committee and are available on request to members of the Society. However, below are a few notes from the meeting which cover the key points discussed in the meeting: